If you have kids and haven’t heard of Minecraft you might be living under a rock.
My daughter asked me if we could have a Minecraft birthday party. Huh? What happened to Disney and princesses and American Girl Doll parties. We’ve done a couple of them now. This picture is from one of our friend’s party!
As you can imagine anything cubed is in. We had lots of sweets. Rice Crispy Treats were very easy and a huge hit. We also had brownie squares with green frosting for grass. We had to try a couple of times but water cubes made from blue Jello was awesome. We cubed watermelon for something on the healthy side.
- We used pretzel sticks for torches and match sticks. We used red frosting for fire.
- We used rock candy for minerals
- Carrots and apples
- White shredded cheese for wool
- Carmel squares for sand
- Lastly, pizza cut into you guessed it … squares!
- We removed the labels off of water bottles and filled them with green Gatorade. Them we made our own “Creeper Juice” labels. I found small water bottle labels on the web and then used MS Word to create a design that worked perfectly for our party!
- I get crazy when it comes to decorating. I got some wrapping paper for gifts and suddenly the idea hit me. Why not buy more wrapping paper and warp some old cardboard boxes I had laying around. Easy right?
- I also purchased a few swords, and shovels.
- You guessed it MINECRAFT on our Xbox and on every spare Iphone we could find.
- I got green gift bags from Party City and black tape from my husband’s tool box. I used the tape in strips and squares to make Creepers. They were a big hit.
- Inside I found a bunch of Minecraft toys online and put them in the favor bags with some of the leftover Rice Crispy Treats.
We had a great time. The only thing that wasn’t great were my carpets afterward! Yikes. I guess that is what you get for having twenty-five 8 year olds at your house for a gaming party. Thank goodness I have a trusted carpet cleaner www.longbeachcarpetclean.com. Make sure you have one lined up before attempting a party like this at your home.